What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services through digital technologies.It includes marketing through all possible means mainly on the Internet, but also mobile phones, display advertising,and any other digital mediums.
A seasoned inbound marketer might say inbound marketing and digital marketing are virtually the same thing, but there are some minor differences.
Digital marketing is a collection of tools and techniques to generate leads and attract customers. In case of social media digital marketing makes use of Google Ad words and thereby advertise to generate customer lead. One important thing here is that there can be paid promotions as well as unpaid promotions like blogs, social media page etc.
Inbound marketing is a dynamic and creative way of content creation through websites, blogs and other social media which will attract the customer to the company’s product or service offerings. One major difference with digital marketing is that the customer will be able to find the product or service through organic searches and this form of marketing does not deal with paid promotions.
Why Digital Marketing Matters?
The amount of time we spend connected to our electronic devices increases every day. In fact, Americans spend over 11 hours each day using electronic devices. I know what you’re thinking: “but there are only 24 hours in a day.”
This might scare you, but we’re so close to spending every waking hour on electronic devices, digital marketing is more important and impactful than ever before. Without digital marketing efforts, you stand to reach almost no one. As a result, your business will get left in the dust. Don’t get left behind. Consider the following types of digital marketing and think about which ones work best for your industry, your company, and your audience.
Types of online digital marketing include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing and Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Mobile Phone Advertising
Importance of Digital Marketing for Websites?
With the change and evolution of modern technologies, business and websites are doing everything they can do to cope up with the change in working environment and mindset of the audience.
In course of time the demand of audience has changed tremendously. Along with change in the content one thing that is rapidly changing is the method of advertising. By sticking to only old traditional methods of advertisements one will be left behind. It is need of hour to adopt new advertising techniques. Due to the immense importance of Digital Marketing techniques, the field has emerged as a game changer for those who have understood its importance and have used it optimally.
Digital Marketing techniques have a number of advantages over traditional marketing techniques:
- Digital Marketing techniques provides small and medium websites a chance to compete with renowned websites. It brought all the websites in same league.
- Digital Marketing techniques are more cost effective than traditional marketing techniques.
- As per surveys, companies using Digital Marketing techniques have generated more revenues than their counterparts.
- Digital Marketing techniques allows us to interact with targeted audience.
- Digital Marketing techniques caters to mobile users.
- Digital Marketing techniques builds brand reputation.
- Digital Marketing techniques earns peoples trust and makes a business more valuable.
- The use of Digital Marketing techniques increases the visibility of the website thus increasing traffic on the website.
Thus we can say that the use of Digital Marketing techniques can boost up the performance of your website. It has proved itself as the most economical and efficient marketing technique of present times.
-By Kripansh Karanpuriya